> Home > Products > Injection Driver
KID0404 4-Channel Injector Driver KitDISCONTINUED
Installing the KID0404 requires a basic understanding of electrical wiring and how to use a voltmeter. Please read the instructions before starting the installation and if you have any doubts, FJO recommends that you have a professional install the unit.
Before cutting your harness you must identify the injector power supply wire and the 4 injector trigger wires. Engines requiring more than 4 channels will require multiple KID0404’s. It is recommended that you identify all injector wires before cutting the harness and properly install all drivers before proceeding to step 11.
If your vehicle has a ballast resistor already installed, you will need to remove and bypass it before proceeding.
- Find a suitable location to mount the KID0404, such as the firewall or a fender. DO NOT mount the driver on the engine.
- Connect the KID0404’s heavy black wire to a solid ground location. NOT ALL bolts on a firewall or fender are good ground locations so be sure to test the resistance between the ground location and the battery’s negative terminal.
- Unplug ALL injectors.
- Turn on the ignition power.
- Using a volt meter with the negative lead on chassis ground, measure the voltage on both pins. The one with 12v is the injector supply wire and should already be connected to all 4 injectors.
- Measure the other pin to verify that no voltage is present. This wire will be the injector ground wire that runs back to the ECU. Each injector will have its own ground wire to the ECU.
- Mark the wires identified in steps 5 and 6.
- Turn off the power and disconnect the battery as a safety precaution. Cut the injector ground wires identified in step 5 and splice the solid color wire from the KID0404 to the end that runs back to the ECU. Now splice the matching white-striped wire to the end that runs to your injector.
- Now find the wire that was identified in step 5 but DO NOT CUT it. Splice
the red wire on this wire.
Note: For safety the injector supply wire should be fused. Check the rating of the factory fuse; it should be at least 15A.
- Secure all wiring and seal connections to prevent water or dirt from corroding the connections.
- Plug in your original injectors and start the vehicle. The KID0404 will sense the injector load and automatically switch modes allowing you to verify your wiring before swapping injectors.
- If the vehicle runs normally, your installation is complete.
Note: Unused channels should be left disconnected with the wires sealed off to prevent damage or corrosion.
SpecificationsPower 9~18 volts
Dimensions 4.5 in. x 1.375 in. x 1.125 in.
Weight 11 oz. [includes harness]
Output ground switch 4A peak 1A hold
The unit is completely sealed and designed to be installed in the engine compartment.